Full-time, Fixed Term, 2022 School Year
St Kevin’s College is a leading Catholic School in the Edmund Rice tradition. We cater for boys from ELC to Year 12 with a current enrolment of 2100 students. The College is a member of the Associated Public Schools of Victoria (APS).
The role of the Learning Support Officer is to assist and support teachers in delivering enhanced learning outcomes to Year 7 & 8 students. The Learning Support Officer role works closely with the classroom teachers and the wider learning support team including the Dean of Learning Diversity.
We welcome applications from engaging, experienced individuals who enjoy working with students with special needs. This a full-time (0.95 FTE), fixed term position for the 2022 school year.
The hours of work are during school term and will be:
Monday - Wednesday: 8.15am â 4.15pm
Thursday & Friday: 8.30am - 3.30pm
- Part of a strong community which carries a rich history of academic excellence and holistic education
- Internal and external professional development opportunities
- Access to school facilities, including pool and gym
- Experienced in working with students with special needs;
- A team player who enjoys collaborating with colleagues in order to achieve the best outcomes for students;
- Strong knowledge of the Disability Discrimination Act, Disability Standards for Education, and the NCCD;
- Experienced in assistive technologies that support student learning;
- Passion for supporting students to achieve their best; and
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please upload your cover letter and resume. Applicants must have a 'right to work' in Australia, WWCC and National Police Check.
Applications close: 24 January 2022
St Kevin's College is committed to the creation and maintenance of a child safe school environment. The care, safety and welfare of students are embedded in policies and procedures which ensure a commitment to zero tolerance of child abuse. Please read and review the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Protection and Safety Policy found on the Policy & Reports page of our website.